Bluetooth won't disconnect from phone after key off.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rski43, Aug 9, 2011.

1. rski43

rski43 New Member

...this is on our '10 nox, but I'm sure its all the same system in all lines. When you shut the ignition key off, the bluetooth is supposed to disconnect from the phone, it doesn't, this just started in the last few weeks. The phone is in the house, key off & out of the vehicle and you can't hear the phone ring cuz the vehicle's bluetooth still has the phone captured. You have to go into the phone menu & disconnect the vehicle pairing. Anyone else have this issue??

Thx,
    -Rick in MA

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Rich,

Have you brought this to the attention of your dealer? I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

3. rski43

rski43 New Member

Tricia,

Talked to service and they hadn't heard of the issue, but my wife talked w/ Verizon Wireless this AM & it turns out it was the way it was "paired." She had to delete the phone from the 'nox devices, then re-pair it & its been fine. Don't know why, we've had it paired w/ no trouble for almost a year. Don't know why it changed all of a sudden w/ no prompting. Anyway, its fixed & if anyone has this issue, have them delete the paired phone from the vehicle's device list & re-pair from scratch like a new device, all should be well. Thx for asking.

-Rick / MA