1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boat Clubs?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Als09Sierra, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know a few members on here have boats. I'm looking into clubs that allow you to reserve a boat to take out when you want. They allow you to take out different types of boats depending on what you're doing. Wanna fish with your buddies, take out a walk-around. Going out with the family, pick from a number of other boats available. Or so they say.

Anyway, on to my question. Does anyone belong or have experience with one of these clubs? We're not ready to buy a boat, but I thought something like this would help us decide if boating is right for us, and what kind of boat we'd need.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a Canoe you can Rent.... :rofl:
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You can put Enkeiavalanche's canoe in my pond. LOL.
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you're providing the beer and burgers. :)
  5. Enkeiavalanche

I'll bring the Canoe...... and Energy drink......
  6. silveradotrailblazer

Heck yea!!!!!!!! Come down here and will teach you how to be a redneck. LOL.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Hey I lived in Ga for 2 years.... And went to 2 Nascar races while there... :) And ate Boiled Peanuts....

Anyway Al there is a place here in town that rents boats on the Hudson... Just remember it's about $5-6 bucks a Gal for gas..
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've had boats for over 25 yrs but I've never heard of a boat club like that.
    It would be nice to be able to test out different boats before buying, in the past I always bought boats either by recomendations from friends or recomendations from experienced boaters.
    This method hasnt really worked out well untill my present boat which I've owned for 8 yrs, it's the first boat I bought that I'm happy with and havent found any issues that I cant live with.
    Boat dealers arent usually willing to put different boats in the water and let you test drive them which surprises me because certain boats cost as much if not more than some cars. They have no problem putting the boat on the water for a fam run after you purchase.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

My father and I sold our Crownline 23 ft last year and we were Very happy with the boat and customer service. And we had a Sea Ray before..
  10. silveradotrailblazer

If you come down I'll introduce to my wife/first cousin and our three boys, BillyBob1, BillyBob2 and Billybob3. LOL.