1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Body lift or suspension lift??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Chaser1, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Chaser1

Chaser1 Rockstar

I currently have some spacers on my truck but not enough, I want to go higher, I know as a fact that a suspension lift is way more expensive than a body lift but was wondering the pros & cons of both lifts, thanks in advance
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would go with the suspension lift. All the body lift will do is give you more clearance for larger tires, it does not do anything to improve suspension or travel. Plus I hate the look of a body lift with the frame hanging below the truck. How high are you wanting to go?
  3. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The suspension lift is worth the extra money. And it looks better once its done than the body lift.
  4. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

if you're talking about your 2wd, a suspension lift isn't probably worth the money to you. I'm not a fan of body lifts but this might be the best for you and your wallet. don't forget about the bumper relocator brackets, uncurling your brake lines a bit and you might need a steering shaft extender and shift linkage kit. all of the sudden $200 turns into $300+.
  5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you are going to actually take your truck off-road I would go with the suspension kit to get you more clearance under the frame. I also don't like how the frame hands down on the body lift kits, but that's an appearance thing.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Save your money and buy the suspension kit. I've seen to many problems with body lifts even when installed to manufactures specs.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Fabtech makes a 3" suspension lift for your truck. We used to install this kit for less money than a body lift because the suspension kit took less labor than the body lift to install. The lift kit was more money than the body lift but because of labor the suspension kit ended up less money in this paticular case.
  8. Chaser1

Chaser1 Rockstar

Here is the deal, I'm keepin the truck no more than a year but I'm buying new tires as well and I don't want to ruinew tires do to clearanse, I relly don't off road that much but at least one a month and nothing crazy. All u need is to make enough space to fit new 33s I don't even know if either spindles or body lift at 3" will help and yes my budget gor either body lift or spindles is no more than $500. I would lobe to go as high as 6" but don't think I'll make it with that kind of budget.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

If your not going to keep it than I would just put a tire one size larger on it.
  10. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

Suspension is way better than body lifts. If your going to get rid of the truck i agree, i would just put one larger size tire and be done with it.