1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Body lift questions???????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ajfdirtrider, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

Anyone running a 1.5" zone body lift. I dont like body lifts but i thought the lowest they made them were 3". Im considering getting one, what does it take to install them and can i move my trailer hitch up so it doesnt hang down? Im clueless about body lifts, PLEASE HELP!
  2. Z_10002003

Z_10002003 New Member

I don't know about the 1.5" lift. But they are super easy to do. Most of the kits are very complete and cheap. they don't raise you hitch though, they have spacers that fill in the gap between the raised bumper and the hitch. You can do it on the floor with a jack pretty easily.
  3. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

talked with alot of guys on gmfullsize.com and everyone who has it loves, it, for only 150 bucks why not get it, but id get the new bumper brackets, there only 50 extra for my style truck , not sure for your year
  4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

When i put the 3-inch body lift on my Silverado, it was super easy. I left the rear bumber in its stock position and filled the open space between the tailgate and the bumper with a sweet peice of chrome diamond plate. It looks awsome. You all should try it.
  5. pondfishr

pondfishr Member

Body lifts while they look good keep in mind that they effect the installation and ability to use many aftermarket products. I have a 3" body lift and it caused issues mounting a goose neck hitch, and with a brush guard. If I had it to do over I would not have one on my truck. Just my opinion.
  6. benjamin

benjamin New Member

I was not aware of a 1.5" lift. I was under the belief they came in 2" and 3" block sizes. As to the lift, they are not hard to install, most come with steering shaft extensions if the kit needs them. Typically you have to stretch the break coils below the master cylinder. Some have problems with wiring harness and needing slight adjustments to how and were this is mounted. Spend the money to get a kit that relocates the front bumper. From every thing I ever read about the kits, if you relocate the rear bumper towing is not advised. Get the filler plate that goes between the bumper and the body in the back. Most trucks need some light modifications to the fuel hose with the 3" body lift.

As to the installation, it is relatively easy, a few hours in a garage or drive way with a good jack.
  7. Chaser1

Chaser1 Rockstar

A 3" body lift was the first choise for me due to price but I asked around and ended up with actual suspencion lift and it was cheaper!! I got 4" spindles for $400 the 3" body lift installed was between $700-900 installed, and splindles are easier to install