1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

body lifts

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Robinson76, May 21, 2008.

1. Robinson76

Robinson76 New Member

So I was thinking about doing a 3 inch body lift on top of my 6 inch suspension lift. I would clear 37's with it. Does anyone have this set up? Please give me some feedback. Thanks
  2. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member 100 Posts

I don't have a lift on my truck, but I do know a guy who has the setup you are thinking about. He has an 02 Sierra and it is BAD. He made panels to hide all of the stuff the body lift uncovered and it looks like it came that way. Very Cool!:glasses::great:
  3. Robinson76

Robinson76 New Member

Thanks for the input

Well I am going to scope out how much it would cost to throw on a 3" body lift on top of my 6, but that would also mean I have to drop the gears to 4:10 's. Did your buddy have to do that as well?
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

with 37's i would suggest going down to a 4.56. what gears do you have in there now? 3.73?
  5. Crunch

Crunch New Member

Body + Suspension Lifts

Just my $.02,

Whenever I've done body lifts on suspension lifts, the #1 thing that I've always recommended is a set of "Gap Guards". Performance Accessories makes them for just about everything. They are flexible pieces of black plastic cut out to fill the gaps in the wheel wells and under the tailgate. The outside face is shiny so it helps to blend in.

Keep in mind that if you have nerf bars or running boards they will be lower and sometimes the bolts to put them back on are not long enough. Also, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, it will also stay low, however that is easily fixed with a short trip to the muffler shop.

Crunch