1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

body swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nuxoll17, Aug 15, 2011.

1. nuxoll17

nuxoll17 New Member

what body will fit on 2000 silverado ext cab frame?

older than a 72?

thanks
  2. steverocks6

steverocks6 Member

could you be more specific? you need a body as truck bed body? cab? both? and it has to be older then a 72 body? also anything will fit on anything depending how determined you are to make it work, i doubt you will find anything 72 or older that will be a exact fit
  3. nuxoll17

nuxoll17 New Member

Reason is that I'm tired of smog, so I'm conclusion I want to get a body I don't have to and easiest way would be to body swap

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I need cab and bed, I figured that here would be sSome modification just wondering how much
  4. travisn

travisn Rockstar

the cost you spend on doing the swap will be many many more times than it will cost to properly maintain your truck for emissions stuff.

don't do it.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Any body you want will fit on that frame, the question is how much time, money, and work are you willing to devote to the project.
    In the end you may find it's just easier to go with an older body truck or settle for hassling with the smog.
    Keep in mind most states determine smog regulations from the vin so a body swap might not help you, you might just create bigger problems trying to register the truck.
  6. travisn

travisn Rockstar

ehhhh kinda. the vin would 'technically' be on the dash/firewall so it would work in theory. If he were ever to sell it or get in trouble some how it could bring big problems.
  7. steverocks6

steverocks6 Member

truthfully just deal with the emission stuff, it will be alot cheaper and easier in the long run, and another thing with the RMV its not just like your registering the cab as the truck, the cab vin is suppose to be your trucks vin number, but if you get a cab its prob going to be from a junk yard therefore the vehicle was mostly-likely registered as a totaled/ junked vehicle. so first off before you even consider this project i would call the RMV and just ask them how easy will it be to register the truck if you swapped body, only reason i say that is because a buddy of mine built a car but the body he had was on a salvage title so we had to do some illegal things just to get it registered and you worry on the smog issue so i assume you enjoy following the law
  8. nuxoll17

nuxoll17 New Member

thanks guys
  9. steverocks6

steverocks6 Member

your welcome, where here to help each other :)
  10. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I once saw an Austin Mini body on a Suzuki Samurai frame! Not that I expect you to put a mini on your truck. Just saying...