1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Body work on the Avalanche - Booked in

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by pmf608, Oct 4, 2011.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I'll start with the background information: a couple of months before I bought the Avalanche from my uncle, a young driver backed into the rear quarter panel. He left a note and his mother agreed to pay for the repairs, but this is not going through insurance. Fast forward to now, and I finally got it booked in for the repairs.

My uncle got the first quote from his regular body shop - $2600. Next was the shop the mother of the kid at fault suggested - $750. The GM dealer near my house quoted $10xx. Then I looked into paintless dent removal, but the crease is too sharp and close to the corner of the truck for that to be successful. The last place I went to has very good reviews, seemed very interested in my truck and me as a customer, will actually remove the upper cladding so there is no paint line along the edge of it, and has a warranty on their work for as long as I own the truck - for $1367. So, I booked the truck in there for November 7. I will get a picture of the crease tomorrow and post it up, and when it comes back from the body shop next month, I will put up the finished pictures.