1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bomz Racing Cold air intake for 1999 K1500 Chevy Suburban

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Vicamen, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Vicamen

Vicamen New Member

Hello - I did a quick search on this site and didn't come up with any information so perhaps this will be the first inquiry for a Bomz Racing product. I am considering a cold air intake for my 1999 Chevy K1500 Suburban. It does have 146,000 miles. I am not a mechanic and do not know what pertinent information is needed to ask for advice, but I have looked at this kit and it seems to offer what the other more popular name brands offer.

I would like to now if anyone has had or heard about Bomz Racing cold air intake and what their thoughts are on it. I know there are other brands, but this is the specific product I am seeking information on.

According to the product listing, this is what it comes with:

-T-306 Aluminum Chrome Finished / Silver Finished Intake Pipe
    -Red couplers, Hose, and Filter
    -High quality built WASHABLE & REUSABLE Air Filter
    -All Necessary mounting hardware, vacuum hoses and reducers included
    -MAF sensor adapter (This will only be included if your car needs one for installation)
    -A General installation instruction will be included

Does my vehicle have a MAF? Will this installation affect my PCM/ECM? I would think not, but would like to make sure.

Appreciate your help.

Kev
  2. 5point3

5point3 New Member

I have heard of them but dont have any experience with them. I do know some people, including myself, try to stay away from metal intake tubes because they attract more heat than a plastic intake. As for your ECM/PCM you dont "need" to tune after installation but it would optimize your performance. If you plan on putting more mods on, I would wait until you are finished to tune for it.
  3. bmass2844

bmass2844 New Member

From my experience, i would stay away from Bomz. I bought one for my 06 scion tc. It sounded good, had that deep growl, but it hurt performance big time. Car bogged down when you got on it hard. It also set off the CEL. The dealership tried telling me it was oil from the filter, even though it was a dry filter. It didnt require to be oiled. I took it off and put stock intake back on. It could work with an older vehicle, since newer ones can be sensitive and moody. But honestly i would spend a little more and go with the Spectre from Autozone. I almost bought one lastnight, I had it in my hand, but put it back. Money is a little tight right now. But it was only $149. Ive heard they work just as good as k&n. And it has a plastic intake tube, which is better than metal because plastic doesnt hold heat from the engine like metal does. Just my 2 cents.
  4. Vicamen

Vicamen New Member

air intake

Thank you. That is just the type of information I am looking for.
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

i would stay away from the ebay cheapy intakes

just looks for a used one around forums. im sure you could get a good quality used one for cheap
  6. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member ROTM Winner

I use volant