1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bosch brake rotors

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bluebrick, Mar 14, 2014.

1. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Recently purchased Bosch Quietcast rotors for the rear of my 1999(new body style) Silverado 2500(no HD). Mechanic says that the rotors are 5-8 mm taller than the original rotors and would not fit properly. What can I do to remedy this?? Bosch part number 25010543.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

buy the correct rotors. It is a major pain sometimes finding the correct rotors for the rears of the nbs trucks. I usually take the old rotors to the parts store with me to match up the size. I know for my 2002 they had at least 2 different sized rotors listed.

I did not even know that bosch made rotors. I always go with Wagner. from all the parts store sites the OD should be 330mm. I can not find anywhere what bosch says the size of the rotor you have is. I did come across another bosch part number 25010556. Again, no one is giving specs on the bosch rotors.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. lovesbikes61

lovesbikes61 New Member

I'm running Bosch rotors on the rear of my 2010 1500 Silverado, used them on my '94 'burb too - they seemed to hold up fine...I'll use them on the front too when it comes time...
    I'm with Pikey...gotta match them up, anything else is just extra work...
  4. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Thanks everybody for your response. I called Bosch and that is what they show for the rear brake rotors, so I will just have to go with another brand. Can you think of a comparable rotor in another brand? I really like the clean look on the Bosch rotors. thanks again.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

wagner and powerstop are nice rotors. I have used advance auto parts platinum rotors with no issues.