bosch plugs bad for 99 S-10 2.2L ???

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by slilly83772, Mar 1, 2011.

1. slilly83772

slilly83772 New Member

my truck had a miss. shop replaced fuel pump because fuel pressure was way low. it runs better now but they said that the bosch plugs in it are the reason it is still missing a little. they said that i should replace them with autolite plugs or something like them. also said that the bosch plugs do not work well in an older vehicle with some miles on it. have about 150K on it. is there any truth to this or are they pulling my leg?? anyone else ever heard of this??

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Alot of people including myself on this site have found that the factory A/C Delco's work best in GM's.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2....On what Silveradotrailblazer has Mentioned on Staying with A/C Delco Plugs......the G.M. Engines Run and Perform Better went A/C Delco Plugs are being Install....Also In Some Cases staying with Factory/OEM Parts is the way to Go.....and this is One of those Cases.

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X4, but it's AC Delcos you should use, (not Autolites, those would be the Ford plugs) I've never had a problem running off brand (Champions) but my truck is older than yours, & there have been numerous posters on here who've had nothing but problems with running other plugs in their Chevys/GMs'. Usually engine misses but occasionally hard starting etc. They swap the plugs out for a set of AC Delcos & the problems are fixed. It has happend too often to just be a coincidence.

5. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

X5...aswell as the OEM wires..or HUGE custom MSD's

6. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Bosch plugs are bad for all GM engines, especially the "special" ones like the +2 and +4. AC Delco is the only way to fly, NGK are also acceptable in a pinch.

7. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm anti bocsh. They didn't work at all in my friends 1963 327 powered Caprice or my 1963 283 powered C-10. Went with an off brand, don't remember what it was, and they worked like stock but wore out sooner.