1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bose aux input

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by tybme, May 13, 2009.

1. tybme

tybme New Member

I recently inherited a 2000 GMC Jiimmy that has alot of juicy options. 1 that I am curious about is the Aux input. It has a Bose HU and an Aux button so I assume there is an input somewhere. How do you use the AUX input? Does it need a special wiring harness added or is there a plug on the back of the HU? Any info/help would truly be appreciated.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My guess this AUX is only for a factory cd changer.
  3. tybme

tybme New Member

Dang I was hoping I could use it to connect an mp3 player as the cd player is shot.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A system like that would have a connection for the factory slave cd player (could use as a replacement for the shot one) or the factory 6-disc cdx from a 99-06 truck. There are modules out there that would allow you to use it as an RCA input or as an iPod hookup. You would not be able to use any combination of 2 without one or both not working properly. hope this helps
  5. Frank Duuxx

Frank Duuxx New Member

I have the bose head unit also, i just added two 10's and amp the other day, I also used an auxillary input adapter so i can plug my mp3 into it...the adapter i got from car audio place but you can find them online...here are a few links. I have these two adapters, one you tap into the head unit and the rca cables plug into the adapter and at the other end is the auxillary input. the second link will give you an idea how it looks when its done. for this set up you need the band button inorder to switch over to the aux, it uses the xm channel for the input.....hope this helps

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_469GM12AX2/Precision-Interface-Electronics-GM12-AUXv2.html?tp=422

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1324
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  6. tybme

tybme New Member

Hey thanks! I'll check those links out now.
  7. Frank Duuxx

Frank Duuxx New Member

Any luck???