1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Bose or no Bose and wiring

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by steve.berg1@me.com, Dec 21, 2009.

1. steve.berg1@me.com

steve.berg1@me.com New Member

Hi.
    New to the forum and have a question. I brought a Pioneer double din unit for my 2002 Tahoe. I know that the factory unit is a 1 1/2 din but i plan to modify the bezel. Some say i can use the 2003 bezel but that need modification to as it will conflict with lighters and ashtray and the HVAC controll.

When i remove the stock radio and hool up the Pioneer can i then solder phono plugs to the speaker wires and use my amp out connection on the new unit.

I have no name on the speaker grill so i guess that the original stereo is not a Bose but there is an amp and a sub in the back.

Will the sub be controlled by the amp together with the speakers? There are no wires from the head unit to the sub, only Forward and aft speakers.

The original head unit is AcDelco.

Any innputs here will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Steve

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Unless you have the Bose option, you do not have a sub or amp anywhere...

3. Viper

Viper Rockstar 100 Posts

unless the previous owner had an after market system installed

4. TritonBoulder47

It would be better just to run all new wires... That way you know whay wire does what... Since you would have to tear everything up to see what goes where anyway...

5. steve.berg1@me.com

steve.berg1@me.com New Member

I do have a sub in the back but i am not shure about any amp. They say that if there is a Bose on board it will say Bose at the front speaker grill, mine do not. The head unit is Ac Delco that is theonly thing i know so far.

Steve

6. TritonBoulder47

All stock head units in GM are Delco's... It sounds like it's something that someone added to the stereo... I'm still sticking with my suggestion to run all new wires... tear everything up and see what you have, thats the only way to do it... Don't cut corners when it comes to wiring, or *poof* up in smoke your truck will go... LoL