1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

bose radio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by zachb91, Jul 14, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. zachb91

zachb91 Rockstar

i was wondering if i had to by the adapter for the factory an aftermarket radio to work thanks zach

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. freddie

freddie Rockstar 100 Posts

If you are talking about an adapter for the wiring harness, then you can go to best buy or some place like that to get the adapter that will plug into the factory wiring harness and into the back of the after market radio.

3. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

usually you can get most adapters at best buy or any car audio store

4. zachb91

zachb91 Rockstar

can i use the cheap one or do i have to by the one for the bose radio

5. Wiken

Wiken New Member

Bose System

Hi!
    I have a Trailblazer 02 with a Bose system in it (UQA).
    I changed to a DVD player into the front and removed the bose system.
    I could not use the Bose amplifier due to the lack of the special interface needed to get the ding dong sound back and it is to expensive.

I simply removed the radio unplugged the two larger connectors from the amp. then connected my DVD's internal amp. to the speakers.

It works fine, and I'm happy.

/Wiken

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. leadpan101

leadpan101 Rockstar

If you want to keep using the bose amp, then yes you need to get the more expensive one for the bose radio.

7. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

It can be done but i've heard that its a pain in the butt to do custom systems if you have a stock bose system. Something about the wiring and you cant use the bose amp.

8. Wiken

Wiken New Member

Bose Radio.

I was very irritated on the blonk, blonk sound every time I opened a door, or started the engine without the seat belt on.

Now it is silent..... so nice, until yesterday, when it hit me....
    Crap!! The end of fuel warning sound was also lost when I unplugged the Bose amp and radio.

Well I may have to save up to one of those units that keeps the irritating blonk, blonk sound, or build something of my own.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ORRRRRR....
    You could just watch ur gauges...
    It's not good to run ur tank empty u know...

10. Wiken

Wiken New Member

Bose Radio.

Yes, true. But I was use to that the car was warning me....