1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bose sound systems

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Miguel Rmz, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Miguel Rmz

Miguel Rmz New Member

Hey I own a 2006 trailblazer that comes equipped with a bose system and I am trying to install a indash multimedia screen in it. Problem is I cant seem to wire it correctly, I bought a harness from a local sound system store but I thing Bose wires the harness differently. Can anyone help me figure this out??
  2. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

Do a google search for the specific wiring diagram for your vehicle. Try googling 12 volt resource 4.2. They do go up to 2006. it should be about 100 megs to download and the PDF files are easily explained.If needed, you can cut the wires and splice the right ones together. Now I'm not an expert on newer vehicles, I'm used to the older stuff.

This page should help. Its 1979-2007
    Click Here.

If this still does not solve the problem, don't hesitate to pm me.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wrong harness maybe, do the google search or check out crutchfeild.com
  4. smainsw

smainsw Rockstar

I don't think the bose harness is different, mind you I'm not an expert but when they replaced my radio under warranty because the previous owner somehow managed to get a CD possibly stuck in it, all I know is it wouldn't take a CD into it when I purchased my silverado, I was there when the guy changed out the head unit and apparently you can throw any radio for a silverado in but you then have to program the head unit to tell it is a bose unit or whatever it is and activate it, but he made it sound like the harness was the same.
  5. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

Crutchfield is an excellent site and he can also try www.sonicelectronix.com.
    They are good too.