1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bought a 09 HHR yesterday

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by dadngt, Aug 28, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. dadngt

dadngt New Member 100 Posts

I haven't been on here much lately my laptop burnt up by over heating. But right now I'm on my wifes computer & I don't really like it but I'm checking in I have been able to check the forum on my phone but its not the greatest phone so take forever. Anyways my wife is starting her new job next week & our hours overlapped so we couldnt share the Silverado. Spent Monday looking at cars from a couple lots. She told the first dealer her max monthly payment & they showed us a Chevy Aveo which the interior was in bad shape. then they showed us an Accent (small pocket car like a golfcart with a body shell) She seemed to like it so we talked over the paper work, the dealer brought this paper saying this used 2011 36k mile clown car is selling for $21,000 @ used price. I got up & left. So we went to another dealer gave them the same monthly payment max he showed us some nice cars in range. Like a newer Nissan Sentra, Chevy Cobalt, but the cheaper of the few was a 2009 Chevy HHR in a dark blue metallic black interior few surface scratches nothing bad it has about 60k miles & she is paying $215 mo which we feel is a good price also its the 5speed manual which we were both wanting. I would upload some pics but can't at this time. I;ve already been bit by the custom bug if you check out my album & see the Silverado. But I'm having a hard time with this HHR. I want to pull the front & rear bowties off & paint them silver but they are glued on & I was losing interest fast trying to pull the front one off, may just get some decals cut for them. I'm liking the fact that it took $45 to fill up from empty with gas @ $3.59 when last week it took $73 to put 3/4 in the Silverado @ $3.54 I know the tank sizes are different but still nice lol.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My wife got an 08 we bought new back then, were nearing 45k on the odometer hasnt been a bad car considering others I've owned.
    A few things I have had issues with:

Trim panels on the front doors running horizontally, the coating/paint peels off to easy.

Ignition locks have an issue, we recieved a notice on ours if it ever locked on us to bring it to the dealer, too late it did this about 2 months ago and we had to have it towed in for repairs, they covered towing and repairs but it was a little inconvrnient.

And a recall for the latch mechanism on the dash top storage box.

Other than that its been good, got great mileage, and easy on the maintenance.