1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bought a GoPro Hero 3 camera today ... recorded in wrong resolution!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 8, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I got a GoPro Hero 3 camera today and took the 2014 Silverado out to get some video ... but from the factory it ships being set at something less than 1080 resolution ... I can't remember actually, but it's not full widescreen. :-( So I got a bunch of video that i have to post up as 4:3 resolution instead of full 16:9 resolution.

The battery didn't come fully charged from the factory either, and I understand that, but I was still able to get about an hour of video recording time, just I found some good offroad trails to run through and I didn't get the last 30 minutes of that.

In any case, I don't have great video editing software on this computer, but I'm working at it and have a 3-minute review video with a simple voice-over that I will put up on YouTube here in the next hour or so.

The NEXT one will be a lot better as it will be in full 1080 widescreen resolution.

In case people don't know what I'm talking about, this is the difference between 4:3 and 16:9 resolution.

16_9_vs_4_3.jpg
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

I bought my son one for his Bday... it takes surprisingly good pics and video.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's what She said......:lol:j/k Can't wait to see the Video's...
  4. ChevyFan

Posted the video up on the gmtc YouTube channel.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

[MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] did you buy a new 2014 Silverado or did Chevy lend you one to test?
  6. ChevyFan

just a review. they have some they give out to as part of the "press fleet" they call it.