Bought a GoPro Hero 3 camera today ... recorded in wrong resolution!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 8, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got a GoPro Hero 3 camera today and took the 2014 Silverado out to get some video ... but from the factory it ships being set at something less than 1080 resolution ... I can't remember actually, but it's not full widescreen. :-( So I got a bunch of video that i have to post up as 4:3 resolution instead of full 16:9 resolution.

The battery didn't come fully charged from the factory either, and I understand that, but I was still able to get about an hour of video recording time, just I found some good offroad trails to run through and I didn't get the last 30 minutes of that.

In any case, I don't have great video editing software on this computer, but I'm working at it and have a 3-minute review video with a simple voice-over that I will put up on YouTube here in the next hour or so.

The NEXT one will be a lot better as it will be in full 1080 widescreen resolution.

In case people don't know what I'm talking about, this is the difference between 4:3 and 16:9 resolution.

16_9_vs_4_3.jpg

2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I bought my son one for his Bday... it takes surprisingly good pics and video.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That's what She said......:lol:j/k Can't wait to see the Video's...

4. ChevyFan

Posted the video up on the gmtc YouTube channel.

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

[MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] did you buy a new 2014 Silverado or did Chevy lend you one to test?

6. ChevyFan

just a review. they have some they give out to as part of the "press fleet" they call it.