Bought my first Suburban

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by smittybombs, May 18, 2012.

1. smittybombs

smittybombs New Member

Hi all, I just got my first Burb. It's a 1997 GMC K1500 SLE with the 5.7L. It has 225k miles, but most are highway. I got it for pretty cheap too, which was nice. I have 7 month old twins, and for some crazy reason the wife didn't want them riding in the back seat of my Wrangler :D Most of the time we use her 08 Liberty, so the Burb is just a once-a-week driver when she's gone and I have to take the little dudes somewhere. It seems to run well, so hopefully it'll last a while without major work. I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions, but if anyone has recommended sites I should look at let me know. Thanks!

Smitty

Attached Files:

2. Jessica1990

Jessica1990 New Member

I hope you're enjoying your staying here.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! As mentioned above you have found the recommended site for your suburban! :lol: There is a wealth of information here. Have a question, just ask, I am sure someone will answer it rather quickly. We just bough our first Yukon XL last summer after the birth of our second son. She did not like the fact that in my Silverado Extended cab the 3 year old was feeding and pinching the 2 week old. I love the amount of room we have now. Perfect for the long road trips.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:

6. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016: Welcome to the club and enjoy the site......

7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. You will find a lot of help and info here.

8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, your Suburban looks nice, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:

9. AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member 2 Years 100 Posts

[TABLE="width: 330"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl65, width: 330"]Welcome aboard Smitty! We have lots of great performance mods and accessories for your vehicle, just give us a call or live-chat if you have any questions :)
    -Clark
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Your in the right spot for questions.