1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bought some new shocks, have questions about bushings (need help asap!!)

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by zuper8, Jan 1, 2010.

1. zuper8

zuper8 Rockstar

I bought 4 Monroe Reflex shocks for my 98 Suburban. I just installed the passenger front, and realized that there are rubber bushings on the bottom end.... but on the top of the shock, where there are two "arms" on either side that the bolt goes through, there is no rubber. The shocks I took off had a rubber covering on those, but they are so old and crappy I don't want to re-use them.

No extra bushings came with the shocks. Was I supposed to buy them separately? Or do I not need the top bushings?

I need help quick, I have to have this done by the end of the night!
  2. zuper8

zuper8 Rockstar

whelp they're getting tightened up hopefully there are no wretched noises when i go for the test drive
  3. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah that sucks....it should've come with new bushings to put in place. Mine had them in the box. I almost threw them out though...
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am pretty sure it is rare for shocks to come with new bushings, usually you reuse them or get the ones for your particular application, as many of the shock applicatons very and would need different bushings. I know I have bought Ranchos and that others on here have got the same Monroes that didnt come with new bushings. I am getting Monroes in the spring and I am almost certain there web site said they dont come with new bushings.
  5. zuper8

zuper8 Rockstar

well, they're on the truck and everything seems fine, so i guess that's that until i notice something horribly wrong. to be clear, it DID come with the round bushings attached, but where the top bolt goes through on the front, there were no bushings on either end.... does that make sense? i guess they kind of look like a T