1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bouncy Nox....Making me nutty!

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by Ericca, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ericca

Ericca New Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure what's going on. As I'm driving if I go over any kind of a dip in the road my 2006 'Nox bounces in the front. Sometimes it bounces so severely I have to slow down to an almost stop, before it to stops. there are no knocks or bangs, just the bouncing, I feel like a bobble head doll driving down the road! Ive never had any issues with it and would like to get this issue taken care of as soon as possible. If anyone has any ideas what this could be, I would appreciate any advice I can get.

Thank you,
    Ericca
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It sounds like you need new front struts. If you bounce on the front bumper and then you let go and step back it should stop bouncing quickly, if not then it needs new struts
  3. Ericca

Ericca New Member

Thank you! I'll have it looked at! I wasn't sure that was it because it doesn't do it all the time. Its the oddest thing. Some days I bounce like crazy and some days I just sail right though. Some times it vibrates a little when I turn the corner (only when I'm having a bouncy day) and other days nothing. It just has me confused. Thank you again though!