1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bow Tie on Tailgate

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by SouthWolf, Mar 8, 2010.

1. SouthWolf

SouthWolf New Member

I noticed that the Bow Tie on my tailgate has developed a flaw. It certainly wasn't there last week but it just showed up. It looks like there is a "Crinkle" or something behind the plastic? Has anyone ever seen this before and should it be covered in warranty? It's less than a year old and has less than 20k miles on it. I can try to get some pics of it in a little bit.
  2. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member 100 Posts

if you have the bumper to bumper warranty ... which is first 36000 miles ... it covers every single little piece on your truck. like my side molding started to come off and they fixed it for free.
  3. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com New Member 100 Posts

i my 07 got water in it. they replaced it free. just take it in.
  4. SouthWolf

SouthWolf New Member

I think that is what happened here as well.
  5. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Should be a dealer fix @ no charge. :glasses:
  6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree take it in to the dealer, should be covered!!
  7. kotin9

kotin9 New Member

Same thing happend to me. i just noticed that the gold paint is flaking inside there. Mine only has 5K on it. Im going to take it in and see if they will just take it off. My question is I bought my truck about an hour away. Can I just take it to the dealer here in town??
  8. tnhusker

tnhusker New Member

You can take your truck to any Chevy dealer. I did the same in the past and bought mine 200 miles away. For service I used the local dealers.
  9. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member 100 Posts

you can take it to any chevy dealer. and if you just want to take it off then do it yourself. i took mine off.
  10. ChevyguyArmen

ChevyguyArmen New Member

I took mine off yesterday but yea if your under warranty just go to a dealer. I have taken mine in for every little thing!