1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

box liners

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gary f, Aug 31, 2012.

1. gary f

gary f New Member

sre the do it yourself spray in box liners good

are they worth the money, and how much trouble is it to do
    thanks
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If your gunna us the do it yourself make sure to prep ur bed very good and use the roll on kind not the spray can. If youdo it right it'll work good
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I used a roll in do it yourself bed liner on the interior of my Jeep Wrangler a couple years ago.
    We decided against the spray because it required thinning the liner material to much for me to feel comfortable with, spraying in correctly requires a special spray gun to get good coverage, this stuff is thick and a conventional gun just doesnt work well.
    Like ahmitchell1 said prep very good, Ihad a few spots I got lazy on and didnt scuff well or clean the paint dust off of so within days I had a couple peels working up.
    Not hard to fix I razor bladed out the peels scuffed and cleaned correctly then recoated and havent had a problem since then.
    We use the Jeep for off-roading and the interior gets lots of mud and dirt not to mention chains and tools thrown in the bed, it's held up well for about 3 years now.
  4. Patman

Patman New Member

what brand did u use tbplus?.. how many coats did u use? would you use the same product again??