Braided steel brake line suggestions.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

I am looking at installing braided steel lines on my 2005 yukon xl. I know someone who has the russell/edelbrock lines on his truck and likes them. I have read in a few reviews online that the russell tend to be a little short for the 4wd drive trucks, but a good length for 2wd. Another brand I have considered is the power slot brake lines. Does anyone have experience with either brands? I am leaning toward the russell lines. I am also dreading even opening this can of worms when installing the lines on a 2005 vehicle that has been in the rust belt it's entire life. Thanks
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

I did all my brake lines in braided stainless, complete from front to back. It is a pain in the arse, but the difference in the feel of the pedal is out of this world. I would make the suggestion of using a brand called fragola instead, I HAD all Russell fittings to begin with and had nothing but problems. The guy at summit racing said the get a lot of returns for Russell fittings, there ferrells aren't machined very well. Hope this helps
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

I ended up with the russell. I installed them 3 weeks ago and have not had any issues so far
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Well I am way late to this thread, sorry.

I have the russell lines with no issues, but as you said they do seem a little short for extended lines. But I have taken the truck off road with no problems after articulation.