Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Braided steel brake line suggestions.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am looking at installing braided steel lines on my 2005 yukon xl. I know someone who has the russell/edelbrock lines on his truck and likes them. I have read in a few reviews online that the russell tend to be a little short for the 4wd drive trucks, but a good length for 2wd. Another brand I have considered is the power slot brake lines. Does anyone have experience with either brands? I am leaning toward the russell lines. I am also dreading even opening this can of worms when installing the lines on a 2005 vehicle that has been in the rust belt it's entire life. Thanks
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I did all my brake lines in braided stainless, complete from front to back. It is a pain in the arse, but the difference in the feel of the pedal is out of this world. I would make the suggestion of using a brand called fragola instead, I HAD all Russell fittings to begin with and had nothing but problems. The guy at summit racing said the get a lot of returns for Russell fittings, there ferrells aren't machined very well. Hope this helps
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ended up with the russell. I installed them 3 weeks ago and have not had any issues so far
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Well I am way late to this thread, sorry.

I have the russell lines with no issues, but as you said they do seem a little short for extended lines. But I have taken the truck off road with no problems after articulation.