1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brake Caliber Stencil

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KyleZ71, Jun 20, 2011.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Hey guys I love the look of how performance cars have Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Viper, ect painted on their calibers. Mine are already painted black, but was thinking of adding Silverado or Z71 in red. Any ideas or thoughts of how it might be done? Its probably so simple but im not thinking of it. Thanks
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

you could make your own stencil, print out the letters/ design you want, tape the paper with the designs to a piece of oaktag paper and cut it out with an X-acto knife. Take your stencil, tape it to the caliper and tape off the rest of the caliper, then apply your paint and a healthy amount of clearcoat.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Adampaul1964 did his brakes with some lettering. Maybe you can PM him. He had some pictures postd.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Yes it was Adam's truck with the painted/lettered calipers. You can see them on page#2 of his photo album. His says calipers have Silverado on them.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, I used the G2 caliper paint (E-bay) and added a hi-temp decal. I found the decal on E-bay a couple of years ago but I haven't seen them since. I've had many inquiries about them and the only info I have is a web address that was on the envelope that they came in.
    http://tunerdecals.com/

Here's the pics of what I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Looks sweet man. I am thinking of getting those decals in red or silver as my calibers are black