1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

brake issue

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevygolfguy, May 18, 2009.

1. chevygolfguy

chevygolfguy New Member

Today I visited Blue Ridge Parkway in my 08 Surburban 1500. I drove about 50 miles before getting off. After we left the parkway, I noticed the steering wheel vibrating and a low audible sound coming from the wheels. It sounded like a big MAC Truck winding down its gears to a stop. The brakes seemed to continue to be working during this.

I did not ride the brakes during this trip and was supprised by the virbrating stearing wheel. Once off the Parkway and after driving for a few minutes, the noise and vibration was gone.

Could this be caused by brake fade? Anything to be concerned about this?
  2. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

i really aint sure but i definitely take it to a local shop and just have them look everything over