1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Brake light and park assist issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bigdave367, Aug 12, 2013.

1. bigdave367

bigdave367 New Member

I have a 07 gmc sierra z71 crew cab. 5.3 I am having issues with my brake system and park assist sensors. Occasionally when i apply the brakes, the "brake" light will flash and the ding ding alert will sound. AND the "park assist off" comes on the display.
    I had my hitch on for a while and was used to turning the park sensors off, but the brake light is throwing me for a loop.
    Brake fluid is at proper level

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Powertrain codes and smog codes will cause the Check Engine Light to come on, indicating there is a code in memory. Other control units will also store codes, but sometimes will not light the CEL, instead, lighting the light associated with the system that has the fault. I would go somewhere to have the code(s) read.

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am sorry to hear that you experiencing an issue with your vehicle's brake system and park assist sensors. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care