1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brake light for ABS/Hydroboost install

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by kburb, May 11, 2010.

1. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i recently removed my 91 burbs good ole diaphram brake system and swapped in a hydroboost from a 92 3500 dually. I removed the stock system completely including the ABS sensor/module and the prop. valve.I installed a manual valve to control the rear brakes as i did a rear disc swap and the old system with 37's just wouldnt slow me down. Now my brake light stays on and i just dont like it. Does any know what the ABS sensor is looking for as far resistance. if so i can install a resistor inline.

thanks in advance
  2. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

Did the proportioning valve have a wire attached? some of them were designed to limit front brake application until the fluid pressure reached the rear wheels. I know having a front brake hose leak upset this process and lit the brake lamp. After repair and bleeding it took a firm application of the brakes to reset the pressure switch in the prop valve and make the lamp go off...could be it misses this signal...my S-10 haynes manual covered resetting it.
  3. kburb

yes but all that has been removes and i am left with just the wire connection
  4. wis bang

So the wire doesn't sense the pressure [I don't know if it grounds or opens to lite the lamp] and lights the lamp.
  5. kburb

correct, i guess.

i am not sure either, i was thinking that i may have to install a resistor to give it a signal but unsre what size.
  6. wis bang

proper function either isolates the one wire or grounds it. If the wire is hanging in space it is isolated, grab a jumper and ground it and give it a try...
  7. kburb

10-4

let u know tomorrow

thanks for the help