Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Brake light system failure

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Aititi, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Aititi

Aititi New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a 2004 Silverado, 5.3, ext cab, cruise control, non moving pedals (think this is all the info needed for this)

I noticed a problem with my brake lights, both are out but the cab brake light comes on. I also noticed the signal lights work.

Both of my brake lights went out so First I replaced both bulbs. That didn't work so I checked my fuses and they appear to work, I tested this by swapping out the fuzes then tested to make sure it wasn't the fuze.

I then replaced the brake switch. This didn't work. To make sure that I was getting power then I used a test light at the fuse box and i was getting power.

Then I replaced the signal light switch. Now this hasn't fixed it either and the person who was helping me is out of ideas

Anyone have any recommendations as of what I could test now? I was looking for a wiring diagram for the signal light switch to see if power is making it from the brakes to it but I couldn't find it, and I'm unsure which wire to test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you have power at the bulb sockets, but the lights still don't light up, it may be a grounding issue.