Brake light system failure

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Aititi, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Aititi

Aititi New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a 2004 Silverado, 5.3, ext cab, cruise control, non moving pedals (think this is all the info needed for this)

I noticed a problem with my brake lights, both are out but the cab brake light comes on. I also noticed the signal lights work.

Both of my brake lights went out so First I replaced both bulbs. That didn't work so I checked my fuses and they appear to work, I tested this by swapping out the fuzes then tested to make sure it wasn't the fuze.

I then replaced the brake switch. This didn't work. To make sure that I was getting power then I used a test light at the fuse box and i was getting power.

Then I replaced the signal light switch. Now this hasn't fixed it either and the person who was helping me is out of ideas

Anyone have any recommendations as of what I could test now? I was looking for a wiring diagram for the signal light switch to see if power is making it from the brakes to it but I couldn't find it, and I'm unsure which wire to test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you have power at the bulb sockets, but the lights still don't light up, it may be a grounding issue.