1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brake Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by scissors, Apr 12, 2005.

1. scissors

scissors New Member

I just purchased a 2003 TB the other week.

I just took it in to have it looked at by my local dealer, because I had someone tell me i either had no tail lights or one missing.

The dealer pulled up the vin and told me that the taillight recall was already taken care of for this vehicle. They could not find out what the problem is why they went out. They replaced them and sent me on my way. Has anyone else had this same problem? I'd hate for them to keep going out.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They didn't have to replace the lights during the recall, just look at the unit and see if it needed to be replaced.

I'd go back to the dealer and tell them that they need to cover your tail lights being out. I hope that you got them replaced and they're working again. They need to look at it if the lights are out, seriously.

I love GM, but some dealers try to get by with stuff.
  3. CkVin

CkVin Member

I had to replace a bulb in my right rear taillight last week. I hope they took care of that recall in my 2004!!
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hmm, shouldn't have to replace a bulb from a 2004 vehicle. :-(
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If you had to replace a bulb for a 2004 TB then I would take it into your dealer to have the rear light sockets looked at again. I agree, you should NOT have to replace taillights/brake lights on a 2004.