1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brake Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by RyDogZ71, Sep 20, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. RyDogZ71

RyDogZ71 New Member

I have a 2000 silverado, an i was thinkin about swaping out my taillights for the 03-06 style. Are all the connections (and the shape of the lens for that matter) the same?
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yes, they will be a direct fit. The only thing that is different is that the newer lights have a marker light at the bottom of them that yours doesn't have. To avoid getting moisture in the light, you will need to either cover it up, or wire a light in and put it in there. To wire it, you can either run a couple of wires yourself, or you can buy the harness for the newer lights that will have it. If you search around the club, you should be able to find more information on the marker light wiring.
  3. RyDogZ71

RyDogZ71 New Member

Ok thats exatcly what i needed to hear! Thanks
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

no problem. I've been toying with the idea of doing that swap myself so I did the research on it, but I have always leaned toward LED tail lights instead. It would probably cost me $200+ to pick up a set of the newer tails around here anyway, so to me I would rather spend the $350 to $400 on LED's, other than when I had the money aside for mods and the intention of possibly buying them, I got a performance tuner instead.