1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

brake lines

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2000liftdsuburban, Sep 10, 2009.

1. 2000liftdsuburban

2000liftdsuburban New Member

just was wondering i gotta change all the break lines on my 00 suburban.... i changed one from the dist block under the truck to the rear.... now i needa change the other 4.... two to the master, two to each side of the brakes in front...
    how long should this take?
    what tools would i need?
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Not sure but I would suggest doing full steel braided lines
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Line wrenchs
    a vacuum brake bleeder
    And assorted wrenchs for the brake line hold down clamp
    s.
    If the brake line change is due to a lift I understand why your changing the front lines to the wheel actuators, but I dont understand the lines to the master cylinder.

If you did a body lift you can stretch out the coil on the master cylinder lines.
    You dont want to put flexible lines to the master cylinder the system should be plumbed with hard lines to the distribution block in back and line adaptors up front.
    Also if you using Stainless lines not all are created equal, they must be DOT approved to be used on street vehicles, if you ever get in an accident whether it's your fault or not you can be found at fault and heavily fined for using non-approved parts.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

I think he's talking hard steel lines, not flex hoses.
  5. sgui

sgui New Member

flaring tool to do
    standard double flares, metric bubble flares
  6. sgui

sgui New Member

[​IMG]this is what i use
  7. 2000liftdsuburban

2000liftdsuburban New Member

thanks everyone i got it all figured out... i paid someone 250 to do it... when the guy went to touch a line... they like crumbled so it was wayy over due to be done so i had em done w.e lol....

this can be locked up i have no further questions except why im suckin down gas so god damn fast lol