1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

brake pads 04 tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by mike042, Feb 8, 2012.

1. mike042

mike042 New Member

what type pads came originaly on the fronts ? im changing the brakes i put new rotors and ceramic on rear, but front rotors are still in great shape and i want to go with ceramic pads. but dont know if original came with ceramic or semi, guess what im asking is will original rotors handel ceramic pads?
  2. BillD64

BillD64 Member

Probably will work but the vehicle braking performance could be degraded. No matter what the auto parts store guys tell you Ceramics aren't quite as good as the type GM put on. They don't squeal or dust as much but they don't have the stopping power. That could be an issue on a vehicle that doesn't have that much to begin with. There is a reason why true high performance brake pads are not ceramic.

Bill
  3. krazyjhawk

krazyjhawk New Member

I have read a few things that say the original Pads were made by Akebono and they are Ceramic. People could be wrong, but I have been doing some digging lately cause I also have an 04 Z71
  4. mike042

mike042 New Member

hey krazyhawk thanks for the reply. i just got a call from chevy cust service, i sent them a email and asked them with my vin they said it came out of factory with ceramic pads but couldnt tell me what vender . but at last got a answer