1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BRAKE PRESS dash light

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kcclark66204, Aug 18, 2009.

1. kcclark66204

kcclark66204 New Member

I have a 1991 RV with a Chevy 454 engine. When the ignition switch is OFF the BRAKE PRESS dash light comes on and stays on for as long as the key is off. When I turn the switch on it goes off. Everything seems to be working OK, but I think it ran my battery down while setting. This problem just started happening after I installed a new battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Dee
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The first thing that comes to mind is aftermarket accessories. Has anything been added recently like a CB, Radar detector, Alarm, Stereo, Brake Controller? Something is feeding back into that light. Does the coach have a brake controller? If so, start there.
  3. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

i would agree with jimmiee that sounds like back feeding like the brake controller is not grounding properly see if you might have missed an elect.eye conection on batt. does that have a hydrobooster it might be someone piggy backed a ground