1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

brake problem

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by sharpshooterusmc, Mar 20, 2010.

1. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc New Member

:neutral:i have a 2001 2500HD 4x4 and for some reason i think my back left brake is getting partially stuck. when i bought the truck almost every time i would stop, it was acctually smoking from burning the pads. i changed the caliper becauseb the old one was leaking as well as new pads, after driving a while and i park it i can still smell the burnt brakes. any sugestions will help
  2. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed New Member

What about the parking brake shoes?
  3. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc New Member

i never even thought about that, im guessing that will be my project for tom, but once i changed the caliper, it quit burning them to the point to where it was smokeing, thats y i think its a problem with the main brake
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

While changing the caliper and pads you mighta loosened things up enough to let the park brake back off some, but not enogh to stop dragging.
    A quick chec for dragging is to lift the rear and try and spin the offending wheel, see how much effort it takes, it should take some but you shouldnt have to strain either.
    Check the P brake adjustment too.
  5. BASSIST

BASSIST New Member

could be a hose or the slide pins also