1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

brake problems, i think!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by acrespo3, May 18, 2006.

1. acrespo3

acrespo3 New Member

like to see if this is normal, i have a 2005 envoy xl. love it but one thing i have notice about the brakes. i was driving about 40mph on a bumpy road when i hit the brake pedal, as i did a loud noise sounded like my brake paps was going to fall off and the pedal felt like it lost its resistent. i ask some friends and they told me it could of been the anti-lock kicking in.
    can someone tell me if this is the case?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

It's probably the anti-lock brakes I think. Does the brake pedal seem to pulsate up and down a bit??
  3. acrespo3

acrespo3 New Member

I took it in, and it was the anti locks. This happens when you are going over lets say train tracks, and one tire is not completly in the road making the brakes sound like they are about to fall off. Well came out of there smarter. :)