brake question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by npverhey1, Mar 16, 2010.

1. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

I have the 13 inch rotors up front and I was wondering if its possible to switch to the 12 inch rotors and caliper? do i need different spindles and what if anything else do i need to buy

2. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

Hmmm this is a new one to me. I have never heard of someone wanting to downgrade their brakes before. I am kind of dumbfounded.

I have to ask man. If you are running 4" lift spindles and 33 inch tires why are you downgrading your brakes? That isnt the smartest thing to do.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I dont know if you can bolt on the smaller rotors, but like the previous poster I dont think it would be smart to downsize the rotors. I wouldnt recommend it even if you were running stock tires and wheels.
    If this is an attempt to fit smaller wheels you'd be better off not doing it.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X3 , you will really degrade your braking capacity since you have drums on the rear. That's why you have bigger front brakes, because of the drums.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X4, if the factory puts something on a vehicle its the minumum that needs to be there for a reason. That reason would be safety.

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Only reason would be to run smaller rims, 16" for example. '05's require 17" rims.

7. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

wanting 16in rims...what about the rear any conversions to disk brakes?