Brake Upgrade

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Scooter, Jun 7, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. Scooter

Scooter New Member 100 Posts

Just curious can the 4wheel disc brake system from a 06 silverado ss be swapped onto a 06 silverado 1500 2wd???
  2. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member 100 Posts

Just a couple questions. Are you looking to just change the rotors and calipers? Do you already have a set that you're looking at or are you going to try to find some? First you can probably find better rotors/calipers for about the same price or a little more than the SS ones if you don't already have some you're looking at. Second the only things you need to make sure of are that your rims are going to clear the size rotor that you will be switching to. A lot of time you can go on any site that sells brake upgrades and chose the "big brake" upgrade option to see if it will fit your vehicle. If the SS brakes are in fact larger then you will have to make sure that your rim will clear them. I'll research exactly what is used on the SS but I don't believe they are larger and should fit fine. I think they are just slotted and have a different caliper.

-Greg
  3. Scooter

Scooter New Member 100 Posts

Hey thanks for that, I was just looking to see if it would be cheaper to use the disc brake system from the SS, rather than getting the big brakes kit...I knew of a guy who had a wrecked SS so thats why I was wondering....Good to See a Fellow North Dakotan on here though...