Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Brake Upgrades

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by alabamaxrebel, Feb 15, 2012.

1. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

Alright guys, I want to get some opinions on some brakes pads/rotors. Im looking at getting some nicer aftermarket ones so that maybe I can get by without having to change them out from stopping my truck, plus I am just not happy with the stopping power. Any suggestions?

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm about to get ebc rotors and pads, do u have drums or disc in the rear?

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There are some really Good Aftermarket Rotor's/Pads, as mentioned above EBC's, I have SSBC's Slotted Rotor's W/Hawk H.P. Brake Pads.......Beyond going with a New Rotor/Pad setup, I would also mentioned, depending on your Budget and that is take a Look at going with a Set of Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines......once again which is what I've Done, with the SSBC's and SS Brake Lines, this Brake setup is and has been a Huge Improvement over the Factory Brake setup.

4. ahmitchell1

I'd love to spend the money and get disc in the rear I've just heard different things about problems with the brake booster and all that.

5. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

I have drum rear.

6. ahmitchell1

Well id do what I'm gunna do get a go set of rotors and pads if that isn't enough you got to start upgrading parts

7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

^^^^^^^^ what he said