1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brakes Continue to Squeak

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by rodmantex, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rodmantex

rodmantex New Member

I have a 2005 Silverado 1500 (Z71). I started to hear a squeal from the front brakes at around 50,000 miles. I took it in to a shop I have used in the past for brakes in Oct 07. They did the typical brake job, turned the rotors and replaced the pads. When I picked up the truck, no squealing…that lasted about 10 minutes. I drove for a week hoping it would go away. (tried all the tricks, washing, hard breaking, etc.) I took it back to the shop. They said it could be bad pads, so they checked the rotors and replaced the pads….Same results. So I went back again and this time they turned the rotors again and replaced the pads. They asked I give it a month to break in…six weeks later same results. The brakes squeak when coming to a stop. It is especially bad at a slow stop. I took the truck in again. They once again turned the rotors and replaced with a different type of pad. This was a day ago. I didn't make it 10 miles from the shop when the brakes started squealing again. I called the shop and they said give it about 500 miles. I put over 800 miles on during the 6 weeks after the third set of pads. I have not had any problems with the shop in the past. They do good work and have been very cooperative in trying to fix the problem. I just don’t see the fix they are trying working. I am frustrated with trying the same fix for the problem. Any thoughts on what else should be checked? Any guidance is appreciated.
    I did notice some squeaking this morning when backing out of the driveway. Didn't notice that previously