Brakes on a 2000 Tahoe Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by The Lizard, May 13, 2007.

1. The Lizard

The Lizard New Member

My 2000 tahoe has an issue. There is something going on with my brakes. When I apply the brakes, it takes an extraordinary amount of pressure to apply the brakes and there is a noise like air leaking from somewhere. My second problem is that the truck has trouble going from stop. When I put my foot on the accelerator, it doesn't start moving immediately, instead, it almost stalls out until I apply more pressure, and then it jumps forward. Both of these problems started about three weeks after I had my brakes completely redone, with a new master cylinder.

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check your rear brakes, if you still have drums in the back you probably have a leak.:neutral:

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you had a shop do the master cylinder, I would take it back to them and have them look at it. It sounds like there is a problem with the booster (air leaking, hard pedal) and the master cylinder (brakes staying locked).

4. The Lizard

The Lizard New Member

Thanks. I'll take it to the shop as soon as i get some time to drive down there. Now, what about the pseudo stalling issue?

5. smokestack

smokestack New Member

I had the same issue with the stalling. There is a TSB out for just stating to clean it. I cleaned mine with a can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush. Then ran seafoam through it and its been great. If i can just get this abs problem im having it will all be great.