1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

brakes

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by 06z-71, Sep 5, 2006.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 06z-71

06z-71 New Member

is anyone having problems with their brakes?i have an 05 colorsdo 4x4 with 35000mi and the brakes are constsantly sticking.is this a chevy problem with all canyon and colorado?need advise.06z-71

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Other people have mentioned this. Where do you live and how do you usually drive?

3. 06z-71

06z-71 New Member

mostly pavement it very seldom leaves the road unless i go to the ranch.i use my 03 f-250fx4 mosly,the brake thing is
    really getting to me.

4. 06z-71

06z-71 New Member

mostly pavement it very seldom leaves the road unless i go to the ranch.i use my 03 f-250fx4 mosly,the brake thing is
    really getting to me.i live in el campo tx.about 45min from matagorda tx

5. doug

doug Member

WHAT IS STICKING?

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

7. ChevyFan

Any updates on your brakes?

8. Aeolain

Aeolain New Member

Colorado Brakes

Hi Steve.

I'm very interested in the links you set up, but they no longer work. I'm having the same problem with sticking brakes. I have an 05 colorado 4x4 with almost 50k miles. It was used mostly for back roads (paved) and highway and never carrying much weight at all.

My brakes are sticking just slightly. Enough to slow down the truck on mild declines while coasting. My gas milage has gone down by 100 miles per tank, and I can feel the truck working harder to move.

The pads are fine. The rotors are fine. The calipers are fine. When I bleed the system the calipers open, but when I put it back on the ground, drive and use the brakes... they lock up again. I can still drive, but when in the air I can't spin the two front tires by hand.

A few months back I brought the truck in for a brake sensor recall. That accordian looking thing under the pedal that turns the brake lights on or off. That's when everything more or less started.

It's been to a very qualified garage mechanic and he has no clue what it is... and didn't charge me because he had no idea. I also brought it back to the dealer and they said the pads were too big, which was false and they were the same ones that it came with back at 13miles but I told them to replace them. When I memtioned the recall they told me that has nothing to do with it.

I still have the problem and was wondering if you heard anything about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

9. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Two things come to mind:

1) Sticking calipers
    2) Something is preventing the hydraulic pressure from releasing. Maybe a kinked/partially plugged hose. Or a bad valve in the master cylinder or ABS system.

10. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

bump this message.