1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Brand new suburban - rear stock speakers too quiet

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by wizardberry, Apr 18, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. wizardberry

wizardberry New Member

Hi, I have a brand new '09 Suburban LT (just drove it off the lot today!) with the stock stereo and while the front speakers will blast you out of the car at about half volume - the kids in the back can barely hear the rear speakers. So I put the fade all the way to the back without touching the volume and the speakers are just soooo quiet, even at half volume, I can barely hear them. If I turn the stero to 3/4 of full volume, I can start to hear them - is it possible there is a bad connection on the back of the stereo or maybe the rear speakers are plugged into the wrong ports on the back of the stereo in the dash?

What gives? - any info would be great!

Thanks
    Michael

2. scgamer_99

scgamer_99 Rockstar

sounds like you might have a short i would take it back to the dealer and let them know and they should fix the problem with out charging you

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Totally different vehicle, but I've noticed the same thing. The rear speakers are very soft - the ones on the roof near the back door.

4. wizardberry

wizardberry New Member

Thanks, will check it out on Monday with the dealer... definitely going to fix it without charge, I'm still bumper to bumper baby...

Will post back what it was afterward.

5. Springthing

Will look forward to what they have to say about the issue.

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well I am sure you dont want to hear it but its just the setup thats imbedded into the stereo, my dads crewcab with the bose system is exactly the same, you cant hear sh*t in the rear seats, I have also been in numerous other 07-09 chevys and its the same thing, I think if you have the seatup for the rear headphones and the dual zone radio that is set up that way

7. Springthing

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a small amp!

8. RWK

RWK Rockstar

I only found 4 speakers in our '09 LS Burb. It is also quiet in the back. Wonder where the speakers are mounted when you buy the Bose Sounds System with the 6 or 8 speakers. I usually set the Fade to the Rear.

We just had the headrest DVD system installed, the kids now listen to their cds on that.

9. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Let us know what the dealer has to say about your sound situation.