1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

break light problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cwbontheyfz, Dec 5, 2009.

1. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

hey guys i have a 94 k2500 and I'm having a prob with the break lights whats going on is that the lights work wen the ignition is off but as soon as the ignition switch turns power on the break lights turn off i still have a signal from the break light switch but no lights at the back of the truck. I'm just looking for any ideas and if possible i would like to find a wiring diagram for the break light switch circuit if possible.
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The brake lights are wired through the turn signal switch which is only energized when the ignition is on. Its a long shot, but it might be worth digging into the circuit there. Also it could be a bad ground circuit.

You can get a wiring diagram at autozone.com Look under repair info.
  3. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

aalrighty thanks for the link ill give it a try and see what i find