1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

break lights not working

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jimjim1234, Jun 14, 2009.

1. jimjim1234

jimjim1234 New Member

my break lights are not working but all my bulbs r good and also all my other lights are coming on. I relocated my groung. trurnig signals,backup light, and night time running light is coming on thoe. I tried everything would there be a fuse just for the break light. If any one out there can help me that would be good thanks:grrrrrr:
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What year is your Ride??,that would really help in giving you some Advice.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

And did you say the rear turn signals are working? Are they the same bulb as the brake lights, or separate?
  4. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

could be (depending on which vehicle you drive) that the circuit board that the tail lights are plugged into might be having an issue, could be a loose ground , or more often than not i have seen this issue with someone having incorrectly hooked up a trailer light kit in the truck also in which case you can simply unhook the trailer light wires and it should start working again.

hope this helps some but without knowing what kind of truck you have or what year model it's kind of hard to be more specific.
  5. jimjim1234

jimjim1234 New Member

my bad i got a 78 chevy k-10
  6. jimjim1234

jimjim1234 New Member

And yes my turning signals are working too.