Broken Driver Seat

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by zachh1020, May 30, 2010.

1. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey all.

The back of my driver seat is broken. :grrrrrr:

I have called all of my local salvage yards with no luck. I've searched the internet to no avail. Can't find any on eBay either. I really really don't want to buy a new one from my dealership, if they could even get one that is.

Can someone point me to someplace that sells seats online? Preferably rebuilt or out of wrecked trucks, so its a bit cheaper.

I need: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado, LS, Charcoal Cloth, Not Power. Or assuming the power hookup is down there, I'll take power if that is all that can be found.

Any help is appreciated!

2. SkiBurban

SkiBurban New Member

Broken Seat

Could you explain how the seat is broken?
    Is it the back/headrest area, or the base.

3. zachh1020

It seems like both areas headrest area and the right side of the base.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Have you checked your local Craigslist??? I know that there are 3 Chevy trucks on there right now in my area.. Not trying to rub it in just trying to help you out.. And the wiring for a power seat is under the carpet, and if it isnt then you simply run a power wire and a ground to your relay panel and tie into 12volts..

5. zachh1020

Does anyone know what colors Chevy made interiors during the 99 - 05. To my knowledge they had dark gray, light gray, and tan. Ive got the dark gray. I found a set at a salvage yard, but they look lighter then the dark gray but darker than the light gray. I'm not sure whether to get them or not. They want $200 for both front seats. Thanks murdog, I'll check craigslist.

6. murdog94

There was a medium gray in 02 i had that color in my truck in 02... And $200 isnt to bad as long as they are powered.. Usually they run $50-75 for cloth here... $75 each if they are powered..

7. zachh1020

They are out of the LT style so they have the arm rest and power. They are pretty clean except the seat belt on the passenger side is very stained. I don't think I would notice the color difference from the front to the back seats.

Nothing on CL.

8. murdog94

I would pick them up.. those are very nice seats... And the color difference is so minor... And carpet cleaner will clean the seat belt quite well...

9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If the frame of the seat is broken then you can bring it to any body shop and they can pull the seat,, remove the cover, and weld the frame. My dad's seat broke and thats what he had to do.

10. zachh1020

Do you remember how much it cost?