1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

brush guard or light bar

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ronniesk8, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ronniesk8

ronniesk8 Member

im trying to find one that u dont loose ur tow hooks or have to drill into the bumper
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Fill in your signature with your truck stats then we can help you out for what you are looking for.
  3. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, WELCOME........to know what truck u have would help U and us !!!!! LOL:great:
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

There isn't any that I've ever seen... I had a Pre-Runner type light bar on the bumber of my Tahoe that had to be drilled...
    [​IMG]

And I currently have a bull bar on mt Avalanche, and that uses the tow hook mounts on the frame, but the hookes have to be removed.
    [​IMG]

And every brush guard (full or half) that I've ever seen states that you hvae to remove the tow hooks for installation...
  5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Good Luck with this! I don't think there is one, but there could be something new!
  6. TritonBoulder47

Now that I think of it, most installation instructions suggest that you remove the tow hooks... If you take that plastic lip off of the bottom of the bumper and reverse the tow hooks it would work... As long as your bolts are long enough...
  7. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

the factory tow hooks arent worth keeping anyway in my opinion..broke one of mine first time i tried using it
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. TritonBoulder47

True, the stock ones aren't as strong and they could be...
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  10. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

LOve the PRe runner i have one on order. But i have a question have you every had a problem with your headlights leaking. i have a set that looks exactly the same but i can not keep them from leaking. and one of my side marker leaks and the one that is on the top. Can you suggest a brand that will not leak. I did seal mine before i put them on. on thing that i did notic is that the one i have dont have a nice foam/rubber seal around them on the inside.