1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buckets Available?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by MD4x4 Fireman, Dec 18, 2007.

1. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts

Were buckets available for the c/k trucks in the 80's? If so is there a bracket from the factory for them? In a previous thread of mine i was saying how i was gonna put buckets in my truck, after i pulled the bench out i realized that the buckets would not bolt in.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Buckets were available back to the mid 70's in GM trucks. I'm told they found their way into GMC trucks more often than Chevy trucks. They werent a common seating arrangement for trucks back then.
    Look at F/S Blazers from the 80's, they share the front floor pan layout with your truck and almost always came with buckets. A local wrecking yard would be a good source for the parts, since their interior parts you stand a good chance of finding them in good shape without all the corrosion exterior parts suffered.
  3. MD4x4 Fireman

thank you very much. i am gonna try to get the the salvage yard this weekend
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

An old K5 Blazer would be a great start....up to probably 88 or so.
  5. MD4x4 Fireman

that just helped me narrow it down alot more
  6. MD4x4 Fireman

ok, i didnt find the bracket that i needed but found some seat tracks i could modify(possibly) to work for what i need. and as you said cableguy it was on a K5, you deff know what you are talking about. you saved me ALOT of work *bows down*
  7. MD4x4 Fireman

ok a late update. I got the seats bolted in with a little bit of modification, I will post up pictures tomorrow my cell phone fried tody