1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bucking under load

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by dsquared, Nov 30, 2009.

1. dsquared

dsquared Member

I have a 97' K1500 w/230 K miles and is bucking like a bad miss at highway speeds under load such as going up a hill. The bucking seems to deminish if I back off the accelerator. The engine idles fine w/o roughness or miss symtoms even if I accelerate slowly. This maybe related to surging while accelerating from a standstill problem I've had for a while. Any ideas ? BTW - engine seems to accelerate much better when cold when it is probably in open loop control.
  2. mrfixdit

mrfixdit Rockstar 100 Posts

Have you checked for any codes, if you find a P0300 look for vacuum leaks and/or check out the intake gasket would probably be a good place to start, good luck.
  3. TBK

TBK New Member

I would also check the ignition components. Is your check engine light on? If you do have a P0300-P0308 I would consider replacing the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
  4. asanford

asanford New Member

You can take a spray bottle and wet down those plug wires,it sounds like a cracked spark plug or a arcing plug wire. Someone can brake torque the engine to simulate a load and observe any arcing from the wires.