1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

bug deflecters

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ramu3527, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

some gutless coward keyed my otherwise gorgeous 2008 sierra on the front edge of the hood. to have the hood repaired and painted is a waste cause nothing is going to look as good and last like a factory finish (not to mention they'll never match the color).

any suggestions?

i was thinking a bug deflecter, though those look like sh*t too...
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. It would PISS me off too. I would probably use some touch up paint to keep from rust setting in and than throw on a bug guard to cover it.
  3. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

yeah, that's exactly what i have to do...

thanks man...
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

On the plus side, deflectors also protect against rock chips on the nose of the truck...
  5. EGRUSA

EGRUSA New Member

Sorry to hear about the damage. I personally just had some front end collision damage on my STi courtesy of the California 91 Freeway so I feel you pain!

PM me you contact details along with your truck year make and model. I will send you out one of our Superguard hood shields to try out and hopefully hide that scratch!
  6. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Gotta love a vendor who steps up to the plate. EGR is way cool. Their products are quality as well.
  7. EGRUSA

EGRUSA New Member

Thanks Coach! We do try our Best!
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

X2 on that Coach. When I go to get my in channel visor's I will get them from EGR. I like to purchase products from companies that stand behind their product as well as help forum members out when they are in a bind.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

X3 on that. That's awesome...
  10. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

well, i'll have to see what they look like on the truck...how much are they, you have pics of them on a 2008 sierra?
    thanks...