1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bug deflector - AVS vs. Lund

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by blacksheep, Sep 7, 2008.

1. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

Ok, I am looking to buy one asap so I can keep my front end from getting destroyed. For an 04, the hood edge has 1 small rock chip and I figured a bug deflector will help.

I have narrowed it down to lund and AVS. I read good reviews about both, but can anyone confirm if one is better than the other as far as silverado fitment goes?

I have an 04 Silverado 1500....

Thanks!
  2. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have both products on my truck, but I have a lund bug shield. It fits very nicely. Just make sure you put the rubber stoppers on the ends or you'll get the wind wobble noise smacking the hood.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if you want it just for protection then get the film that is made for your truck, i think its called invisible bug sheild or something along those lines, supposedly you can lose one mpg when you actually out the bug deflector on, but if mine alreday didnt have one i would put the tape on instead, you cant see it unless you know its there
  4. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

isnt avs part of the lund company?... i always thought they were... any how avs is the way to go imo
  5. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes, same company under Lund International. Their bugdeflectors are different though slightly (different series). I prefer the Lund Bugflector II for the low profile look. The clear vinyl kits from Husky are very nice too if you dont want a deflector.
  6. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i have a avs bugdeflector ii for my silverado and had one for my colorado and i love those things... either way you go i think you should be pretty well set