Bug guard or not?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by KyleZ71, May 3, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Here is the most recent of my truck, I love my hood and dont want anymore nicks. But idk if it will ruin the look or not. what do you all think? guard or not?
    new paint.jpg

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Get a HuskyShield.. I have one on mine.... shield1.jpg shield2.jpg Can you see it?

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Since you can't easily color-match it and you don't have any vent visors to coordinate it with, I think you should consider Enkei's film suggestion.

4. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have the Invisi-gard on a few vehicles. It's a great product. It's the same as the HuskyShield that Enkei is using. Both are great and invisible. IMO, I hate them clunky bug gaurds. Also, the rubber things on the back of the bug gaurds will rub through your paint and start rust.

5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Bug gaurd would kill the look of your truck. The film is the way to go hands down.

6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I like the bug gaurd that came on my stock hood. I actually just removed it to put on my cowl hood. Mine hugs the hood all the way around thats why I like it. But with your style hood I agree that the film would look better. I have some of it on the sides of my truck in the high rock chip areas.

7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

The film is only going to protect what you cover it with. I personally don't think it will kill the look, and really don't think you'll have a problem color matching it.... You can get clear ones too.

8. Enkeiavalanche

Just a side note.. or 2.. First off the rubber bumpers go on the hood Not the shield.. So no damage to your hood..

2nd True what said above The clear shield will only protect what you have it on. I have a bad chip on the top by the flames.. But with all the high speed driving I do all the bugs just wash off.. florida truck pics 037.jpg I had a Clear Bug shield on here (Looking for pic) When I drove to Daytona from NJ for SBN. They do work better.. glennsbday 022.jpg Ok found one. I had Avalanche painted on it too..

9. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I tried looking up the huskyshield but the website says its not made for a 03 silverado, and could not find a link for the invisi-gard. anyone have a link or know any place that sells them? i want something precut so it looks great, i dont want to try to screw things up haha.

10. Enkeiavalanche

Their are many Co's that make them. They are all about the same.. Most places that do window tint should have some in stock. You can do a unaversal one and do more of your hood..